Friday, July 01, 2005

New Habits

Don't they say that it takes 2 weeks to break an old habit, or to form a new one? Well, my first 2 weeks of needle-gunning have passed, and I find myself looking at the ship completely differently. In the shower yesterday, for example, I looked at a patch of rust on the wall and thought to myself, "I really should hit that with a needle-gun. Or maybe an air-chisel first, then a needle-gun. But if I did that all of the rust would fly through the air into the cabin, and get all over everything. However, if I were to shut the door and run duct tape all along the sides of the door and create a vacuum using the exhaust, then no rust would be allowed out into the cabin. After I needle-gunned I could stand in the shower for a half hour until all the dust settled, then take a vacuum to it. Oh, and I'd have to block up the drain so that none of the rust would go into the system" Thank goodness I only have 2 more weeks of this!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home