Thursday, June 23, 2005

Darn Dog

My relationship with Keeper (the dog) has been strained lately. Yesterday I took her for a pee after lunch. She caught sight of the tug boat that was moving very slowly in the river, and stayed completely fixated on it for at least 20 minutes. I kept trying to pull her back towards her run, but she would have no part of it. Finally I decided that getting back to work was more important that letting her watch this tug boat, so I picked her up in my arms and carried her back. Then she saw Jeremy and wanted to run to him, so I let her off her leash. After she was done licking Jeremy, she took off into the field and refused to come back. She's still trying to pretend like she doesn't know her name. So, fine. I went inside and pretended like I didn't care if the alligator got her. She came back eventually. And I will not carry her back home again after the comments I have received of, "Now, are you training the dog, or is she training you??"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home