Sunday, June 19, 2005

Spiders and ants...

I thoroughly believe that some of you ladies (and men) that left this ship may not be able to 'hack' it if you stayed. This ship is being overrun by ants and spiders galore...Black, red, brown, & see thru ones. Yes, those colors in both species.

Tonight as I was coming back from a 'coffee' break at Moka's (something or another) a local (Saraland, about 10 minutes away by car) place that is quite nice, free wireless (which for some reason my laptop picks it up, and says its connected but doesn't work) and plugs for your worn out battery that never lasts as long as it should. And, in addition to that...It plays the Christian music station. Oh yeah, as I was saying...After coming back from there I also noticed an inch long bug or two that we (me and my home folks in Hunstville) call water roaches.

Out by the gate if you are walking anywhere (or running) we have deer flies that circle your head and touch down on you every so often, if you are unfortunate to stop for a few seconds (like trying to come back in the gate but the old crusty lock is taking to long) you are sure to get bit. And then you get this big quarter size whelp on your skin. Not pretty. If you try to slap them, wear bug spray, or run away it just makes them more aggressive. Its like a couple of Blackhawk Helicopters coming to do some serious damage to you on a secret ops mission.

Lately I have been spending a lot of time with Joyce Meyers (have a few of her tapes I found on board, thank you somebody!) and reading a little Max Lucado and Donald Miller. I occasionally sneak a Bon Appetit magazine or a chapter or two of Larousse Gastronomique in there just for culinary balance...And of course there is my Bible reading which comes quite frequently while checking the validity of these 'spiritual' books I am reading and tapes I am listening too...Hey! Don't take for granted they are telling you the truth, research it and know what you believe.

Oops, Ok let me stop getting on my soapbox. That's reserved for my own website (laughing to myself).

Tom is enjoying his brother here visiting.

The dog, Keeper, is just as playful as it has been...I think if it ever really does bite me severely I am just going to bite it back just as hard (literally). I don't know about turning the other cheek when its comes to this dog bite thing...I think that was just for humans.

I would tell you what we have been eating here on board, but I don't want you to become jealous or envious so just let your imagination run away with itself (within budget of course!).

Really though, its the people who cook when I am not working that really put out some good food. Maria Elena, Kathy, I think that's it right now...Lillian did some Papoosa's one night but I was gone (probably reading at Barnes & Noble) man was I disappointed I missed that! Kathy has done some excellent food, great quiches one night (everyone was surprised I actually came to sit down and eat with them, something I rarely do when cooking myself). And Maria Elena of course has fixed some great meals including a breakfast not long ago. If I was going to eat breakfast (which I hardly ever) I would like to eat like Maria Elena does, beans, tortillas, cheeses, actually throw in a few eggs some salsa and cook me some Carne Asada too because I want it all...Big ole mansize portions. Anyway...

Work and duty rotations carry on...Jamie's family will be visiting him this week and there have been some new developments just recently with Bill. So keep us all in prayer please.

Jeremy and Katie, well nobody has seen them for days...hahaha. But I am sure they are fine...oh, sorry thats not true, Jeremy just came thru on night patrol. All's well.

Off to bed for me...5am comes early.

tyronebcookin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home