Tuesday, June 14, 2005

I'm first?!

I am surprised that I am the first one that is going to kick this bloggin' thing off...But don' worry 'bout a ting mon! I'll giv'it to ya straight...

Typical day (for now) is I get up about 4:45am and get ready to kick'it to the YMCA. They have been lettin' us Mercy Shippers come there for free for awhile now...Thank YOU! Kathy will also get up and we amble out to the Hoopty (my car) and get started on our way into downtown Mobile. The one thing I should tell you is we have this locked gate we have to open and close when we come in or go out...And its aggravating gettin' eatin' alive by bugs why you are doing this. The lock is not all that great either.

After a big workout, shower, and change of clothes its back to the ship to eat breakfast (or in my case read and check email) then in the 'lounge' for devo's and today's work schedule.

Since I am cooking for this 'left behind' crew I am usually doing just that, preparing for lunch and dinner. Kinda like a personal chef for 8 or 9 people ( I think there are twelve now until Ciaran and his family leave). That also includes cleaning, shopping, tying up loose ends from shutting down the big coolers and freezer. Occasional 'ship rounds' as called for 3 or 4 times a day when on 'caretaker' rotation, which happens about every 3 to 4 days...And then you are basically on call 24 hours and can not leave the ship. Sometimes I help with other projects...Just depends on what it is and how much time I have.

The dog we have here named Keeper wants to play one minute and bite me the next, so the jury is still out on that one...I think it's schizophrenic or has multiple personalities.

I like it that our 'Direct TV' has the Food Network. That's riiiiiight baby!!! That's what I am talking about!!! Otherwise I would have to spend what little time I have left before going to bed at night to think about whats for dinner tomorrow! Hahaha

tyronebcookin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home