Thursday, June 23, 2005

Poor little ant

I learned how to needle-gun, air-chisel and wire-wheel yesterday! Well, not really wire-wheel; I'm scared of it since I saw that episode on Season 2 of 24. Yesterday I needle-gunned 2 ants, 1 beetle, and a small portion of the bow. Today I needle-gunned one spider and a larger (but still pretty small) portion of the bow. It wasn't so bad, except after the 10:00am break when it got really, really hot up there. The coveralls were pointless after that, since the sweat that started at the filth on my face and neck carried the filth into protected areas. I got much dirtier today, which was mostly Tom's fault because he was wire-wheeling about 3 inches from my face and creating a wind tunnel that swept right past me. I did not like the color of the stuff that came out of my nose and ears after (alright, alright, yes I did).

Yesterday we found out the reason why cabin 222 keeps flooding - the faucet across the hall was left on, probably for a couple of days. Mainly due to the ever-increasing nasty smell of wet dog, we tore out the carpet and lineoleum, then busted up the concrete and rust on top of the steel (or what is left of the steel). We hauled out buckets and dumped them onto the dock with the piles of concrete that were here before we arrived.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home