Monday, June 27, 2005

My Discovery

Today I found a new way to get to B-deck: through the floor of A-deck. This afternoon we tore up the floor (I guess technically you'd call it the deck) on A-deck, right outside cabin 353. Jamie was breaking apart the concrete and rust with a sledgehammer, Kathy and I were moving the chunks of concrete and rust from the floor to buckets, and Tom was moving the buckets outside into the ever-increasing piles on the dock. I grabbed a large crowbar at one point and started chipping away at the layers of rust, when I lost half of the crowbar underneath the section of rust I was working on. I had found our first hole in the steel! The novelty of it was short-lived as we discovered many, many more holes. I'm definitely treading a bit more gently around the ship now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home