Friday, June 24, 2005

My Imagination

This afternoon all of the "keepers" went to see the new Batman movie, except for Maria Elena and me. I'm a little nervous at the thought of keeping our not-so-small-when-you're-one-of-two-people-on-it ship safe. Especially if another engine room alarm goes off that I won't know what to do with. Today the low pressure alarm went off, so I silenced it, went upstairs to my cabin, turned on the shower, thought the pressure to be fine, and figured everything to be alright. (Just kidding, Ciaran!)

I took Keeper the dog for a walk, during which we had loads of excitement. There's something on the dock that looks like this:Sometimes I get too curious, but I listened to that voice in the very far away place in my head telling me not to go there. Then we saw two things in the pool, one floating, one on the bottom, that looked like this:But, upon further examination, I found that they were just two workgloves that blew into the pool.

On a more realistic note, Keeper and I met our very first Chickasaw snake this afternoon. She loves to play in the tall grass after sitting in the river, so I let her lead me toward that end of the dock. She suddenly became very interested in something at the edge of the grass, and as she pushed her nose toward it, a snake came out and lunged at Keeper. I was happily about 15 feet away (yay for training leashes). For the next minute or so, the dog wavered between being very scared at what had transpired to wanting to go back in order to redeem her pride. My guess is that we'll be making many more tense explorations at the edge of the grass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home