Thursday, July 07, 2005

Special Thanks to the Caretakers!


I was content to stay on the ship for my birthday this year (July 4th)...and my mom was actually happy I wasn't going to try and drive home. Being that the 4th of July weekend is one of the worst to be traveling.

I got wonderful cards, had special birthday head gear to wear (see picture on earlier post), didn't cook a thing...and enjoyed quite a nice time.

Rebecca cooked and we had Hot Dogs (Hebrew National - one of the best brands), potato salad (her own recipe, very good!), and baked beans (not the ones in the can either!). Katie made a wonderful spice cake with a divine frosting to go on top. We had our choice of either Double Strawberry or Vanilla (Blue Bunny) Ice Cream. I took a little of both!

Most of the day I just slept or watched food network, I think even a movie or two. Yeah, perfect, relaxed, peaceful bliss on a wonderful birthday...Oh thats right, It was Independance Day!!! (almost forgot it was a public holiday besides being my birthday!)

Although later that night I do regret not seeing Keeper (ships dog/mascot/security) try to eat the fireworks after they were lit!!! Hahaha

Thanks!

tyronebcookin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home